Cubic boron nitride (CBN) is the chemical compound present in crystalline forms. CBN films exhibit certain properties such as high thermal conductivity, electrical resistance and low thermal expansion. CBN is being increasingly used as a substitute for diamonds as it is the second hardest compound. This has resulted in its use as an abrasive in machining and cutting applications.
Owing to its diamond-like properties, CBN films have a wide range of applications in the industries such as automotive, aerospace and heavy industry. Increase in automotive and aerospace industry is fueled by increasing population and disposable income, which in turn is expected to drive the CBN films market over the forecast period. Increasing applications such as use in razor blades, coating of hard disks, wear resistant parts is driving the CBN films market in developing countries such as China, Brazil and India. New manufacturing processes and methods in various industries such as glass, metal and consumables are expected to drive the market in developed countries. However, complex manufacturing process of CBN films is time consuming and requires ion assistance in the deposition step, which is a major restraint for the growth of this market. Furthermore, availability and cost of raw materials is expected to impact the growth of the market.
North America was the largest market for the CBN films followed by Japan. Increasing number of automobiles and a growing demand for CBN films from the construction industry are the major factors for the growth of the market. Research and development are being carried out in the European region to develop new applications, and hence, it is anticipated to grow with highest growth rate. Low cost of production and diamond-like properties are factors for the growth in Asia Pacific region and most prominently in China.
Download Full Report with TOC:
The market is dominated by large multinationals which include ESK Ceramics GmbH & Co. KG, Saint-Gobain Advanced Ceramics Corp., Mudanjiang Jingangzuan Boron Carbide Co. Ltd., Showa Denko KK, Electro Abrasives Corporation, Ceradyne Inc. and Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. among others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
• Market growth drivers
• Factors limiting market growth
• Current market trends
• Market structure
• Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Browse Full Report with TOC:
Reasons for Buying this Report
• This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
• It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
• It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
• It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
• It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
• It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
• It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
• It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Office: United States
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
Toll Free: 866-997-4948